An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.

What was any art but a mold in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself - life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose. ~Willa Cather

Friday, October 29, 2010

An Ode to Parkour-----> unrelated note: A footnote about the wonders and fine art of procrastination

I wrote a poem about Parkour. It goes like this:

"Jumping, leaping."

That's all I have so far. 

Have you ever seen something and thought, wow. That is cool. Then tried it? Well. I've been watching Parkour recently. And I thought, wow. That is cool. So I tried it. 

Lets just say...people with the hand-eye coordination of drunk monkeys should not attempt or even think of attempting Parkour. It looks dumb. Not Parkour; drunk monkey people attempting Parkour.

I think Parkour should be added to the dictionary. My blog is correcting me, telling me what I am actually meaning to say is, "Park our." Which, in fact, is actually two words.

On an unrelated note (see title)- Procrastination is an art form. It truly is. And it is one that I have mastered quite well. And let me tell you...what was I going to say?

I'll just tell you later.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

oh. em. goodness. this made me laugh out loud! you're awesome! ANDD!!! I do understand the deodorant dilemma. My rub of choice: Axe Phoenix. That's right. Smells great on men! Why not embrace it all day!?