An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.

What was any art but a mold in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself - life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose. ~Willa Cather

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ballet for Dummies.

Today it hit me. It really did.

I have a somewhat strict Ballet teacher. She is pretty sarcastic as well. One time, a guy in my class mentioned how sore he was. Her response? "I missed where I care."

It wasn't even me and I felt like I was melting into the slick, marley floor.

Anyways.

I decided that all along, my motivation has been skewed. For these past few weeks, I have been dancing for my teacher. This is terrible. I am ashamed of myself. My motivation should be for the one who gave me these legs and this heart for music and leotards and turning my body into a human pretzel.

On a totally unrelated but completely related note...

I'm going to go see So You Think You Can Dance in KC with my friend Andrea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you have no idea how excited I am. I have watched this beautiful show for about, oh, several years now. And it is better every year. And it has always been my dream to go see it live. And that dream is about to come true. I. Can't. WAIT.

Sorry to geek out. It's just...whew. My eyes are dry. I don't know what this irrelevant statement has to do with such a wonderful event. Just felt like sharing.

No comments: