An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.

What was any art but a mold in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself - life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose. ~Willa Cather

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Well...it's a Natural Disaster."

I have this class. It's called Natural Disasters. It's about...well...Natural Disasters. I hate to tell you this. But it's boring. The earth is cool. SO WHY AM I BORED? Because. My professor has a lulling voice that would put wolves to sleep. But I learned that if the earth was the size of a basketball, the earth's crust would be as thin as an apple skin. That's all I have squeezed out of this defective learning environment. 

Observations I have made whilst wallowing my worthless wile away:

1. Professor Keith Miller doesn't ever wear a tie. 

2. Someone didn't wear deodorant today. 


3. I could be working on my Earthquake summary right now, but I'm blogging instead. Better choice, I should think.

4. I'm sitting in the lobby blogging by myself. Well except for this other kid. It's his birthday I guess so he's drawing random cake and presents all over the board...So I'm not alone, technically. Did anyone even get this kid a present?


5. I have some K-State basketball players in Nattie D. Wanna know how I know? They're tall, they wear sweats, they slouch in their seats, and they wear K-State basketball t-shirts. Dead giveaway. 

6. Whenever Professor Miller even mentions "short film" or "quick video", everyone gets up and just leaves. I stay and watch. Short films are awesome.


7. I have found the perfect seating arrangement in that class. I sit near the back in the middle. Prof likes to walk a certain distance up the row, but I have found he only reaches a certain point, pauses, then turns and walks back. Texting becomes foolproof (not like I text in that class or anything).


8. I really need to work on my earthquake summary. 


9. I despise small talk. I feel like I'm eating a sweaty sock. It just doesn't work for me.

No comments: