An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.

What was any art but a mold in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself - life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose. ~Willa Cather

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Flooding...why do all of my titles have to do with rain?

The other day at the Satzler's, where I work, I was stranded. Yes. It was a torrential downpour, and their creek flooded right over the bank!!! It was crazy. The first flood I've ever been in. The house really wasn't too bad...It was more scary than anything. At the end of the night my arms were sore from lifting the heavy shop Vacs full of water. Both my bosses were stuck on the other side...they had come back too late. Oh well. We did fine on our own. We figured we had dumped a little over 400 gallons of water. Sheesh.

And guess what?! It's raining today!!!! YAYYYYY the last thing I want to see. I am turning tail and RUNNING...let me tell you!! I'm a little sick of water. Haha

But anyways.

No comments: