An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.

What was any art but a mold in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself - life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose. ~Willa Cather

Monday, June 28, 2010

Vets and Losers

Well. Today, I worked. Then I went with my dad to try and wrangle our sweet Mickey to the vet. She's stubborn as a mule when it comes to the vet...but I can understand. She's scared. When we got there she would cower behind the plastic chairs, as if to make herself invisible. As soon as she would hear a door open somewhere in the building, she would rush to the door, almost running headlong into it in the process. If I didn't feel so bad for her, I would have laughed. The checkup took forever, especially since the vet talked our ear off about his farm back home. It was quite the adventure. Mickey got to sit in the air conditioned car for once, though, so I think the ride home was more of a relief to her than anything.

Got home. Went for a run. I've decided to run a half marathon in October. That's the goal, anyway. could be closer to a 5K if I can't keep up with heavy training. I've been moving my mileage up once a week. This week is 4 miles. I might have to do two weeks of 4 miles...haha. My mom and I have been watching the show, "Losing it with Jillian", Jillian Michaels of "Biggest Loser". Jillian is a tough cookie, and she yells at everyone. So when I run, or overeat, I just imagine Jillian yelling, "You big, fat loser!!!!!! STOP EATING AND GO RUN 10 MILES!!!!" It works....most of the time.

No comments: