An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.

What was any art but a mold in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself - life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose. ~Willa Cather

Friday, June 25, 2010

"These commands I give to you today shall be on your heart..."

So I've decided that I want to try and run a half marathon in October. It's going to take some training and self-control...but Lord knows I need that.

Speaking of Lord...I've been thinking about some things and not to mention learning as of late. Since no one even reads this I don't mind rambling a bit.

1. Going to church DOES NOT make you a Christian. I already knew this, but I heard it at church the other day and it hit me that there are people I know that feel they have a one-way ticket to Heaven through their attendance to church. Which saddens me.

2. God goes off of His time, not yours. I have been feeling recently that all I need to do is move out, get a new job, go to college, etc. But that's not what it's about. I feel like God is tugging gently at my heart and saying, "Stay where you're at, little one. Everything will come in it's own time." I have more to learn at the job I'm at now. I prayed before I went looking for jobs, and I told God to have everyone turn me down if I'm not there yet. I applied for five jobs. I received two rejections and the other three didn't even reply back. It felt like trying to find sponsors for the Miss Kansas Pageant all over again. But I know it was God telling me to slow down. So I did. And you know what? I've been doing perfectly fine. My mom pointed out that maybe God wants me at work to show my boss how to be more compassionate and understanding. And maybe she's right.

2. I don't know if God says things like "little one". But it sounds nice. I like to think of God like that.

3. Sometimes you just have to plain work hard to achieve your goals/dreams. My family hasn't done the best financially, and I've been learning to count it all a blessing. It's really hard to look at other people that have money and don't have to work as hard for the things they want, but having to work hard for what I want teaches me responsibility, and I have found that when you work as hard as you can, you eventually get rewarded and it pays off..

4. Patience. Patience, patience, patience. Getting mad about things gets you no where. "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1 When I react angrily, I find that the people around me react just as badly, if not worse. I have a hard time with this, because I have such a quick temper and I am full of pride. But it's just another thing that I have to continually ask God to help me with.

5. Just because my college schedule doesn't look great...doesn't mean it isn't. Random.

Well. S'bout all I have for now. But anyways. I'll be on heya latahhhhhh.

"He answered: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Luke 10:27

No comments: