An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.

What was any art but a mold in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself - life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose. ~Willa Cather

Monday, August 9, 2010

Guitar Frets and life threats to my fretful mind.

I just got a left-handed guitar.

And please don't ask why I got a left-handed guitar instead of a right. 

So far I have learned how to play "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and a few chords. Classy. 

In all seriousness, it feels good to be working on something productive. Lately I just feel like a stick in the mud in terms of getting things done. K-State has this thing where they pile things on innocent, incoming freshman, eagerly sucking money out of their non-existent bank accounts and making alcohol programs and whatnot. (Excuse my sarcasm. I really did learn a lot from the AlcoholEdu Program. I just don't plan on drinking myself silly anytime soon, therefore I saw no point. But I guess they can't believe everyone, now, can they?!) Don't get me wrong. I'm stoked for K-State. I'm not stoked for: 1. being lost. My inner GPS is defective. 2. The possibility of getting the first F in my life. Maybe even an F+. 3. Not having a car. Go me. 4. Having no money. 5. Going to the wrong class (*see 1.)

As you can see, my head is full of frivolous issues that will probably all turn out fine anyway. I just like to throw them out there, by doing so creating some sort of sympathy from my parents and siblings, perhaps friends. 

Have you ever heard of those songs that the title has nothing to do with the song? And You're sitting there for about five hours trying to figure out what they could possibly mean by the title, say, "Cardboard boxes and tree-huggers". And you think it's something deep and meaningful, but then you get on a very reliable site-like Wikipedia-and find out it's about their dog throwing up grass in the yard. I know that's really gross...but it's true. You know what I'm talking about. I know you do.

No comments: