An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.

What was any art but a mold in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself - life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose. ~Willa Cather

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Old Ladies, Jesus and Ghana.

Today we went out to eat with grandma's bridge cronies. It was AWESOME. Whoever says hanging out with old ladies is boring needs to go stick their heads in a bucket of ice. It was grandma, Millie and Kathy. OMG. They rock my socks. First of all, they just talk. Not boring or useless. They love the simple things and that's what I like. They aren't self-centered and they like to ask about YOU. Kathy is hilarious. She told this funny story about her friend Doug, who was in the hospital. She called him one day and he was gone. "Where the Heck is Doug?!!!" Except she didn't say heck. I think that's why I thought the story was so funny. You'd never expect that out of her mouth, she's so sweet. Millie was excited because she'd gotten a hearing aide. I don't know. It was just a fun time. Like I said, my grandma is very close to Jesus in my opinion. So I will view her friends with the same biased ideas in my mind haha

Next, we're off to the Bailey grandparents for swimming at Stephens lake, then dinner. My has been at home working, but he came to Columbia today, so he'll be there.

Why is my writing so boring? Idk. I guess because I don't have much of a life. But I'm on vacation. Give me a break. I don't have to think on vacation.

I love my grandpa's keyboard. It's very clicky-clacky. I love keyboards like that. It just makes me want to type endlessly.

Their shower is pretty nice too.

You know it's a nice house when the bathroom has matching towels and flowers and rugs and curtains. Cute.

World Cup. I never thought I'd find a sport that I'd really love besides the Olympics. I'm obsessed. I LOVE SOCCER. My vote was for Ghana, after they beat the U.S. They lost. LAME SAUCE.

No comments: