An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.

What was any art but a mold in which to imprison for a moment the shining elusive element which is life itself - life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose. ~Willa Cather

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Stupid. So stupid.

I'm a chicken killer.

I can't believe it.

Today at work, I decided to collect the eggs...and came back inside to make breakfast burritos. As soon as I crack the first egg, blood flows everywhere, and I see this tiny, dark ball of something fall out. It was a baby CHICK. DEAD. Turns out, my boss had been trying to hatch some chicks, and the hen had just stepped off them for a bit. Oh my LANTA. I'm a chicken killer. I feel awful. People thought it was gross...I just thought it was sad. Ugh. 

I hate fights. Especially when it's with someone you love. You know you're both wrong...but it's just so hard to choke it out. Until it's too late. And they've walked away, like usual. 

I don't have anything else to report. I've hit a stalemate. Work, work, work.

No comments: